The spanish company Stampii will publish in the following weeks the first digital trading cards collection of a theatrical release based on the upcoming film, Men in Black 3
, licensed from Sony Pictures Consumer Products. This is a must do experience for all collectors and fans of MIB.
The license, handed for two years and a half for EMEA and Latin America regions, comprehends all three editions of MIB
(1, 2 and the upcoming MIB3) and will include 125 cards
featuring the characters, aliens, vehicles, weapons, gadgets and main locations of the MIB Universe.
The digital trading cards or stampii are a 21st-century version of the traditional lifelong trading card. Collecting, browsing and trading leverages this entertainment experience to another level when each card becomes a container for multimedia content that may also be updated online with additional content while published; trading has no comparison since collectors can enjoy both, proximity trading with their mobile devices and global trading using the social networks.
All acquired stampii or digital trading cards either by purchase or by trading will be downloaded, with the included content to the collectors prefered devices since Stampii’s digital collections platform performs with applications for iOS (iphone) and Android
smartphones or tablet devices, Windows and Macintosh
personal computers and Facebook
. One or all, the user may decide where he wants to syncronise the collection.
To preserve uniqueness and exclusivity of each official digital trading card, each card is digitally imprinted and numbered in a limited series, with a database to certify lifetime ownership of each card the collector has aquired either by purchase or trade.
ENTERTAINMENT IS EVERYTHING
Digital collecting is a global entertainment experience with many surprises to come since starting a digital collection introduces users not only to the collectors challenge but as well the entertainment of an international trading experience and the fun and excitement of many prizes that will be handed through out the following months by promotions, contests, polls, prize draws.
• Deepness of contents. Available content included in the form of image galleries, video galleries and data in every digital trading card.
• Digital trading cards uniqueness. The certificate of property ensures that each digital card belongs to a limited series of the oficial digital collection and therefore is unique and only enjoyable by its owner.
• Global Trading. You can trade them anytime, anywhere with any device and with any collector.
• Always Updated. Collection content updates at no cost. Available new multimedia contents during publishing period are seemlessly added to the collection and updated in your devices in just one clic.
• Engaging collections. The entertainment not only comes from the challenge of collecting and global trading but aswell by the permanent relationship with the digital collectors, inviting them to be connected and alert through any of the different communication channels on latest collection prize draws and promotions.
• Syncronised multidevice platform. With just one cilc you can have your collections syncronised in any of your prefered devices and enviroments: iOS (iphone) and Android smartphones or tablet devices, Windows and Macintosh personal computers and Facebook.
• Accessible. Each blind pack at 0,79€ (Each one displays four units randomly) i
• Easy to acquire. With promotional codes and through multiple payment devices (Apple Store. Android Market, PayPal, Premium SMS (in only some territories), credit cards, prepaid accounts, gift cards,…)
FACTS AND FIGURES
The collection will be available in more than 25 countries in Europe, Middle East, Africa and Latin America and over 5 million digital trading cards
packs are expected to be distributed during the period from April 5th to June 30th. More than 3 million as promotional vouchers to engage users in this new digital collecting experience.
See Stampii concept video presentation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd0ozLLQdqg
Catalogue and free application download in: http://www.stampii.com/stampii-area/17-Men-in-Black
The company was founded in may 2009 and has been active since then growing in experience and team, users, published collections and licenses.
Stampii is proprietor and developer of Stampii Digital Collecting Platform creating, producing, publishing and promoting local and international digital collections. Based in Madrid (Spain), Stampii currently counts with country office representatives in London (UK), Sofia (Bulgaria), Sao Paulo (Brasil), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Lima (Peru), Bogota (Colombia), Caracas (Venezuela), Mexico DF (Mexico) and Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic). Expecting to expand to Asia during 2012.
For more information:
Stampii contact for EMEA
Stampii contact for Iberia & Latam region